How Do I Get A Tourist Visa For Russia?
In this article we will tell you what steps you need to follow to apply for a visa for Russia. They can vary slightly depending on the type of visa you are applying for such as business or tourist. Whether you are applying for a single entry or double entry, please note multi entry tourist visas are not available for the vast majority of passport holders including UK nationals.
Successfully applying for your visa to Russia is a personal administrative excercise that can prove challenging but is well worth the effort. Russia offers a huge amount of interesting places to visit and things to do. For more information on the top things to do while you are in Russia see our articles 15 places you must visit in Moscow and 15 places you must visit whilst in Saint Petersburg.
So, let's jump straight into it!
- Probably the most obvious, you need to have a valid passport which should have an expiry date at least 6 months beyond the date you intend to return from Russia. If you are applying for a multi entry 1 year+ business visa to Russia and your passport the rules may vary slightly so please contact our visa agents for more information. Your passport will also need to have two unused pages available but these do not need to be consecutive.
- Next up are the other supporting documents, these vary slightly depending on whether you are a UK passport holder applying for a visa to Russia or whether you hold a different passport but are applying in the UK. You can see a list of Russian visa required supporting documents here. Find your country in the list and click to see the supporting documents you will need. For all applicants these will include at least the following:
- A recent passport size photo which you will need later on for sticking to your official application form.
- Fully and correctly completed official application form, if you need help to do this we can support and guide you through every step with our check & send service. Click here to check prices and order our support service.
- Tourst Voucher & Confirmation - What the heck is this? One of the most commonly asked questions is what is a tourist voucher & confirmation, this is also sometimes called a tourist invitation. This will be an unfamiliar concept to many Russian visa applicants from the UK but it is essential that you have this to accompany your Russian visa application. This is not your travel booking details! A Russian tourist voucher confirms you as a 'bonified' tourist to Russia and is issued by an authorised body within Russia. We can supply these documents for you, please click here to order your Russian tourist invitation.
- Complete your official Russian visa application form. You will need to correctly and fully complete your official Russian visa application form and can find this here.
- Visit the visa centre. Every application for a Russian visa in the UK must attend one of the three VFS visa centres to formally submit your application and provide your fingerprints. Applicants under 12 years old do not need to provide their fingerprints or attend the visa centre, a parent or guardian can do this on their behalf. The VFS centres are located in central London, Manchester and Edinburgh please click the centre name for further details.
Get Help Applying For Your Russian Visa
If you're finding the whole process a little daunting then we're here to help! Our check & send support service is very reasonably priced, we will tell you what to do, when and how to do it checking everything as we go.