Flights between the UK and Russia have been temporarily suspended due to the spread of a new variant of the coronavirus.
The ban on flights comes into force starting from midnight 22nd December and will last until 16th March 2021. Visa applications with entry/exit dates between 22nd December and 16th March will be suspended. All other dates will be accepted for submission as per standard practice.
For detailed information about the visa centre opening times, please read our page here Russian visa centre opening times
Please note that the situation regarding coronavirus is changing often so please be sure to check with your visa agent if you are unsure.
Please be aware that all travellers departing from the UK to Russia are required to have a mandatory COVID-19 test indicating a negative result. This test must have been conducted not earlier than 3 calendar days before arrival in Russia. You must carry the print out of the test results certificate issued by the accredited test centre with you and present whenever asked to do so.
Tests must be conducted through the Embassy of the Russian Federation in the UK accredited COVID-19 labs/centres only. You can obtain information about booking an appointment for your COVID-19 test with an accredited centre when submitting your official application at a VFS centre in London or Edinburgh. A charge will be made for your COVID-19 test. For further information please read here.
Please be aware that our visa agents are working reduced times at present from 9am to midday on Monday to Friday.
Please be aware that the VFS centres are open in London and Edinburgh but are currently closed in Manchester. Customers wishing to apply will need to use London or Edinburgh to submit their application and supporting documents.
Russia is one of the few countries that requires most travellers to have a visa for entry. There are some exceptions and you can read about these in this help page; visa free travel to Russia.
If you are a UK or European Union passport holder you will need a visa for Russia. You can check the costs and get support for your Russian visa application here.
Please be aware that there is no eVisa or online visa to Russia if you are UK passport holder. If you are a EU passport holder there are a few limited possibilities to apply for an eVisa to Russia.
Russian Visa Application Process
The process of applying for a Russian visa can seem a little daunting and prove rather expensive if you get it wrong. Our services are designed to give you the level of support you need for a successful and stress free experience without any unnecessary steps.
Steps you must take to apply for a visa to Russia:
- Determine if you need a visa to visit Russia (do I need a visa and how much does it cost?)
- Determine which type of Russian visa you need
- Prepare your visa supporting documents
- Complete, check and print your visa documentation
- Attend the visa application centre to provide your biometric fingerprints, pay official fee (you can’t do this online) and submit your documentation (it is essential for you to visit the visa centre to submit your completed forms)
- Collect your visa from the visa centre or receive it by post
How we can help with your visa for Russia
- We will lead and support you through every step of your visa application process
- We will not charge you for services you do not need
- We can help you obtain required supporting documents in order to apply for your Russian visa
- We will help you correctly complete your Russian visa application form
- We will check your official application form and supporting documents
- We can provide you with advice about your trip at no extra cost
All of this is included in our Check & Send service, learn more about how to apply for your visa to Russia. Our services ensure that we support and guide you every step of the way to Russia.